Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My life inspiration

My late great-grandmother, Sara Margaret Cunard Jones, was/is my life inspiration. Don't get me wrong, I am my own person, but I definitely pattern my life after her. She was a strong, loving, God-fearing woman. She loved her family with all of her heart. I loved her so very much and I doubt she ever knew what an impact she would have on her family, especially me. I was 17 when she died and I still think about her EVERY day. My daughter, Sara "Ava" is named after her. I am doing a bible study on what is it to be a "Virtuous woman" in God's eyes. The study focuses on the woman mentioned in Proverbs 31. I truly believe that my great-grandmother (Granny) was the closest woman I have ever been around, to that "Virtuous woman." I guess I am a little biased though! My point in saying all of this in my first blog post is to tell anyone who reads this that she has made such an impact on my life. I try everyday to make her proud. I try everyday to be more like the person, wife, mother, grandmother, cook, baker, seamstress, that she was. Someone told me the other day that my Granny would be so proud of me and I think that is the greatest compliment that I have ever gotten. I hope that I do make her proud and I hope that one day, after I am gone, my family will look back on my life and be proud o f me too. I hope they can say that I have lived a "Virtuous" life, just as the Proverbs 31 woman and my Granny did.

No comments:

Post a Comment